As the end of the year rapidly approaches, it's time to start giving
thought to what type of New Year's resolution you want to plan for
yourself.
For
those who make this an annual tradition, New Year's resolutions provide
people the opportunity to strive towards a goal to achieve that year.
Anyone
who has lacked the motivation to get started losing weight, wondering
when would be the best time to start developing a more healthy life,
this may be the perfect opportunity to kick-start those efforts into
gear.
Personally, about six months ago I started a weight loss
commitment with an overall goal to lose sixty pounds. I am currently
twenty pounds lighter, and with the New Year quickly approaching, this
has given me and idea. An opportunity to focus on certain aspects of the
weight loss process that I want to improve through the use of a New
Year's Resolution.
For instance, at the start of this weight loss
journey, I had a difficult time controlling what I ate. For me, this was
the greatest obstacle I had to overcome. Stopping the bad eating habits
that contributed to my enormous weight gain over the past ten years.
When
initially starting out, on numerous occasions I fell back into the
habit of eating fast food, snacking a bit too much while at home, and
basically not sticking with my plan I started out with. This was a
difficult habit to break but by consistently reminding myself of my
overall goal I was able to control those urges and now they hardly ever
pop up anymore.
Now in December, through perseverance and
dedication to make my goal become a reality, I've got a much better
handle controlling the choices of food that I make.
Having a
weekly menu of meals has helped immensely and has actually inspired me
to want to cook meals that will be healthy for my body. Therefore the
need or desire for me to ever have go out to get a McDonald's or Burger
King meal has completely ceased especially when most combo meals are
1,500+ calories. In all honesty, I don't think I've eaten fast food for
over a month which is by far a record for me.
With the New Year's
resolution coming up soon, there are certain aspects I want to focus on
to improve my success with weight loss. One is to exercise more
frequently by having a schedule that I will stick with. I realize that
if I combine a regular exercise schedule and continue with my healthy
eating habits, I will lose weight at a more rapid pace.
Therefore
as this New Year approaches, start thinking about possible resolutions
you want to establish for yourself. What are the goals you would like to
accomplish in 2013? Is this the year you declare that you are going to
tackle the weight issue?
No comments:
Post a Comment